The idea behind this new craze is to decorate rocks and hide them in various locations to brighten someone’s day. You can use paint, chalk, crayons, sharpies or whatever - as long as it has a coat of sealer over it to help preserve the art. Add a hashtag for your local rock group (some local groups are listed below), hide them, and post a picture to the group!
When you find rocks, you can keep your find for yourself or re-hide for someone else to find!
This is meant to be fun for everyone of all ages and abilities. Get creative and get outside!
Remember to be respectful of private property and businesses.
Here is a list of groups around Lake & Sumter:
• Lake County Rocks #LCR: https://www.facebook.com/groups/575705012628795/
• South Lake County Rocks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/445576669109025/
• Eustis Rocks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EustisRocks/
• Clermont/Minneola Rocks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/721915997989147/
• Lake County Rocks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1767024283572948/
• Bushnell Rocks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1616784348628638/
Area: North Lake County, South Lake County, Sumter County